Windows XP Remote Access
Remote access allows you to change your (client) desktop to a remote (server)
computer's desktop so you can use that computer instead of your current one!
On The Server
- Right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage"
- Navigate to the list of services
- Right click on "Terminal Services" and select "Properties" (set the
startup type to "Automatic")
- Right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties"
- In the "Remote" tab, check "Allow users to connect remotely"
- Use the "Select Remote Users" button to add/verify remote user access
On The Client
- Create a blank text file on the desktop
- Rename it <server system>.rdp
- Right click on the file and select "Edit"
- In the general tab, give the computer name
- In the display tab, goto 16 bit color (only if extra performace is needed)
- In the local resources tab, check clipboard
- In the experience tab, check everything (font smooting, desktop
composition, bitmap caching)
- In the advanced tab, select "Always connect"
- Double click to start (in console mode for Windows XP)
- Exit window